ECO-BLAST truly was a blast! Both Kelowna and Kamloops’ camps were full, with about 60 kids each. The Artist Response Team was amazing and the art instructors were awesome. The food was great and the weather cooperated in both locations! Check out the full Kelowna concert and the individual songs on YouTube. Enjoy I Am The Future, Up Your Watershed, Urban Mining, Saltwater, My Roots Go Down, and Voices of Nature.
Can you imagine a bunch of kids singing I am the Future? Or dancing to Up Your Watershed? Or creating eco-art masterpieces? Or picking vegetables to make soup and salad for each other? That’s the power of the ECO-BLAST Kids’ Camp & Concert, co-hosted by the Fresh Outlook Foundation and the Okanagan Boys & Girls Clubs.
This years event features five-day camps in Kelowna and Kamloops for children ages 5-12 in several communities, followed by a concert on the Friday evening. Campers will learn and perform eco-logical songs by Voice of Nature, and will connect with nature and each other through song, dance, and eco-art. Campers will also learn how to be part of the solution rather than part of the problem by saving water and energy and reducing waste.
Become an ECO-BLAST Booster Today!
Program description coming soon!
- Ecological songs inspired and taught by Holly Arntzen and Kevin Wright of Voices of Nature
- Dance and eco-art inspired and taught by local experts
- Hands-on nature, urban agricultural, and cooking experiences
- Interactive teachings on water conservation, energy efficiency, and waste reduction
- Locally grown and/or organic lunches, snacks, and beverages
- Performance of ecological songs and dances learned during the camp
- Display of art developed by campers
ECO-BLAST Kids’ Camp & Concert is coming to your community soon!
- Kelowna – July 14th – 18th, 2014
- Kamloops – August 2014
Registration is $149/child, and includes all materials, lunches, and snacks.
To register, complete this form and drop it off to the OBGC centre nearest you.
“Great value for your dollar! Kids came home everyday smiling and excited about what they learned. Best of all, they woke up excited to go back every day and are already making me promise they can go again next year. For sure!”
Following the previous ECO-BLAST Kids Camp & Concert, FOF conducted an online survey to determine the likelihood of participants’ changing their behaviors based on on what their children learned at the camp. The results are as follows for our 2012 kids camp:
- An estimated 94.45% of families stated they are likely to adopt more sustainable behaviours as a result of what thier child(ren) learned at ECO-BLAST.
- Roughly 94.44% of families said they were satisfied with the ECO-BLAST Kids’ Camp & Concert.
“Both my children showed a great interest in composting. They shared the info they learned and together we made a homemade compost.”
“My daughter left the Eco-Blast Kids’ Camp with life long friends and passion to promote green living.
- My girls are still breaking out in song “We, we are. We are the future and we are counting on you!”
- My children enjoyed being at the camp. They looked forward to going everyday and had lots to talk about when they got home. The boys and girls club staffs were amazing!! My girls practiced every night for the big concert. I would love to thank you for the opportunity you gave my children. I know that without your support I would have never been able to afford the camp. Thanks for being positive role models to my children.
- Eco-Blast is a great way to involved children in taking care of their local community and beyond. Thank you.
- My children never been to any camp before this one. The second youngest didn’t want to participate, and her sister thought we should pick her up earlier, but when she came home she was we didn’t. She had fun! Thank you!!
- You guys did great, we loved it. I think everyone will grow for next year but on a whole fantastic job.
- My children learned so much from Eco-Blast and can’t wait for next year to attend! I’m so happy I was able to spend my children on sponsorship. It something they have never tried before.
- This camp was rated in the top three of the six camps the kids did this summer.
- My favorite part was the concert. It was so fun and it looked like all the parents had so much fun too!!!
- My son said the singing and dancing was fun, and my daughter said everything was fun!
- I liked the concert, it was fun. My face paint was great.
- I really enjoyed the games, singing, and dancing!
- I liked the singers coming all the way from Vancouver to be with us, and teach us the songs.
- I loved it because I got to go on a cool trip and eat the rainbow!
- I had a lot of fun at Eco-Blast! When can we go again?
Learn more about Sponsorship Opportunities.