Can you imagine 100+ kids singing I am the Future? Or dancing to Up Your Watershed? Or creating eco-art masterpieces? Or picking vegetables to make soup and salad for each other? That’s the power of the ECO-BLAST Kids’ Camp & Concert, co-hosted by the Fresh Outlook Foundation and the Okanagan Boys & Girls Clubs.
This years event features a four-day camp for children ages 5-12 in Kelowna, BC, followed by a concert at Stuart Park on the Saturday evening. Campers will learn and perform eco-logical songs by Voice of Nature, and will connect with nature and each other through hip-hop dance, circus yoga, and eco-art. Campers will also learn how to be part of the solution rather than part of the problem by saving water and energy and reducing waste.
Check out our ECO-BLAST Camp Poster for more information.
August 13th-16th, 2013
Day camp at the Martin Avenue Community Centre, 8:30am-3:30pm
- Ecological songs inspired and taught by Holly Arntzen and Kevin Wright of Voices of Nature
- Dance and eco-art inspired and taught by local experts
- Hands-on nature, urban agricultural, and cooking experiences
- Interactive teachings on water conservation, energy efficiency, and waste reduction
- Locally grown and/or organic lunches, snacks, and beverages
August 16th, 2013
Concert at Martin Avenue Community Centre, 7:00-8:30pm
- Performance of ecological songs and dances learned during the camp
- Display of art developed by campers
- Local sustainability groups sharing information about their causes
- $129/child (including all food and materials)
- The following registration from: Eco-Blast_2013_Registration_Form
- Scholarships available for children who might not otherwise be able to attend
For more info contact Joanne at 250-766-1777 or email@example.com
Learn more about Sponsorship Opportunities.